Thursday, March 3, 2011

What a difference...

As I wait the arrival of whether or not we will have a new family member, I wanted to post something that my 15 year old daughter wrote yesterday. This just makes my heart sing. This is an assignment for our home school, but wow...I am so pleased. I just pray my other children will follow in this same path...

My Life Message

My Testimony:

I don’t really have much of a testimony. When I was about six years old I got saved. I don’t even remember why I decided to then, but I do know why I still believe. When I was about 13, I re-committed my life to God. I realized that without Him my life would end up a total mess. I began to get serious about my relationship with Him and started doing devotions everyday, which has helped me a lot! When I was about 2-4 years old, for a while I didn’t really have a father in my life. I didn’t quite understand it then, but now I realize that He was still looking out for me as a heavenly Father even if an earthly one wasn’t, and that has made me love Him all the more!

My Life Lessons:

I’ve learned through my relationship with God that I can be totally dependant on Him because He will never let me down. Over the past two years I’ve learned a lot about how much He loves me. Even in the rough times He’s there; if not to take away my pain then to comfort me and help me through it. One of my favorite verses is 1 Corinthians 10:13, it says:

God is faithful; He will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will come the way of escape so that you will be able to endure it.

My Godly Passions:

I don’t think God has showed me all the “passions” he has for me yet. I used to think that when I grew up I would become a veterinarian, but it didn’t feel quite right. I felt that God was saying to me, “That’s not what I want for you; I want you to help people! Now I’m really starting to look into something in forensic investigation and/or anthropology. I want to be able to use my interest in it to help find justice for people. To be able to find out why a father didn’t make it home one night to his family, or why a little baby was drowned, and to perhaps give their families a small peace of mind. Although I don’t think God wants me to have a major career with them, I love horses as well. I ride and take care of them everyday, and have multiple people around me who love them as well. Maybe God can help me witness to them through our mutual love for horses. J

The Good News:

The Good News is that even though we could never live up to God’s holiness, He doesn’t expect us to! He loves us so much as His children that, like a parent, He doesn’t care how many times we disobey Him – He still loves us the same! All we have to do to be with Him is to accept the gift He gave us when His son Jesus died on the cross. Jesus died for us and took all of our sins, past present and future, upon Himself so we wouldn’t have to try in vain all our lives to make up for them. We just have to admit that we are sinners, and ask Jesus to forgive us and help us live for Him.


Sigh...I love being a parent. When I was 15...I was smoking cigarettes and pot...and failing school. What a difference being raised in a family that loves the Lord, to have friends that love the Lord, and to attend a good Christian youth camp in the summer can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment