Saturday, June 15, 2013

Steps to eating real food...

Remember how Jesus told us to clean the inside of the cup first?  (Matthew 23:26, "Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also."

I think of that verse a lot when it comes to the healthy eating changes I am making for my family.  When I started going "all natural" a few years ago, I started with cleaners, shampoos, and soaps, etc.
I can honestly say now that I should have started with food.

All of those all natural products are important, but I don't think they will mean crud if I'm feeding people-made poisons to my family.


Don't say, "I can't do that!  It's too hard!"  Yes, you can!  Just don't try to all at once unless you can handle that big of a change.  I don't believe you have to suddenly panic and change everything unless you have a serious health issue happening right now.

However, if you wait until it is too late...(and I am seeing more and more and more of my friends getting seriously ill from processed foods)...then, yeah, you are going to have to be "shoved" into this.  My now 8yo son was shoved into a drastic diet change (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) when he was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in November 2011.  He's now very healthy!  I'll post on that story someday.  

Don't wait for that.   Let's start making small changes now!

Here is a great blog post I found about taking baby steps toward eating real food.  I haven't even done all of these steps, yet.


What step will you take this week?  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment