Did you know that:
1. HIV is transmitted three main ways:
- Sexual Contact (vaginal, anal, oral)
- Sharing contaminated needles or syringes
- Mother to infant (during pregnancy, birth, or breast feeding)
transmitted through casual contact.
3. HIV is not found in sweat, urine, feces, tears, saliva, or snot. It is found in blood,
semen and vaginal fluids, and breastmilk.
4. Today, HIV is considered a chronic but manageable disease much like Type II
Diabetes (though diabetes cannot be transmitted).
5. Children who are HIV-positive and receive medical treatment are expected to live a normal lifespan.
6. Social stigma is perhaps the greatest challenge an HIV+ individual will face.
7. I DIDN'T KNOW ANY OF THIS UNTIL YESTERDAY! Wow...you'd think this kind of info would be ALL over the news. Maybe it was and I never read it.
Interested in learning more? Please visit PROJECT HOPEFUL for more info!