Sunday, July 2, 2017

What's So Great About Usborne Books & More and What Can They Do For My Child(ren) In My Life? Part 3 - Elementary Age

Reading aloud presents books as sources of pleasant, valuable, and exciting experiences. Children who value books are motivated to read on their own.

Usborne Books & More has SO many fascinating "Lift-The-Flap" books!  Your child will be enthralled with learning what is under each flap.  When I read these to my children, I have to make sure they take turns...or else they all grab for the flaps at once!


Reading aloud gives children background knowledge, which helps them make sense of what they see, hear, and read. The more adults read aloud to children, the larger their vocabularies will grow and the more they will know about the world and their place in it.

The act of coloring can help to improve motor skills in young children. The actions, motions and precise grip involved in coloring can aid in the development of the muscles of the fingers, hands and wrist. Fine motor skill development can help children write more skillfully as well as manipulate small objects. They can then build on these skills to become better typists and more adept in sports and other activities.






All of the books shown above, and much more, can be found at

Interested in joining me in my journey to stomp out illiteracy?  Visit the above link and click on "Join."

Please feel free to like my Facebook page!


L

No comments:

Post a Comment