Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fighting...Hacksaw Ridge's slap in my face...

Just another day...

Sitting here, flipping around on Facebook a bit....

And I come across this:  Hacksaw Ridge Trailer



I...was...floored.  First of all, I never even knew this man existed...or anything about him.  Then, as I'm watching this...I'm feeling a multitude of things from "I've always hated war...this man was awesome," to "What have I ever sacrificed and TRULY stood up for like this?"  "WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING?!!!"

What am I talking about?  My faith.  My fighting it...fighting God...fighting with others...I've been going about so many things....so wrong.  Instead of dedicating to saving people...I've been fighting them....more.  Sure, my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak.  I've been depending on my flesh...and God has really been telling me this lately.  For some reason, this movie preview really slapped me in the face...in a way I needed.

Fighting...

That's not why I'm here!  That's not why we're here!

I've been letting fear hold me...satan lie to me...and it's been ruining me for two years.  I keep telling myself it's all the crap I've been through...what's happening to my mom (Alzheimer's)...any excuse I can think of.  But it's me...my doubt, my fear, my compromising, my disobedience.

Things have got to change.  I've got to start removing, let God start removing, the stumbling blocks...and take over my fights...and guide me into what/who He wants me to save, through Him...from whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment